Start the Work Week with a Good Google…
With Hairspray, Harry Potter and “How To” articles topping the blog charts today, I will celebrate my “H-ness” (or is that “Aich-ness”?) by Googling myself. You’ve done it before, I know. It’s the low-hanging breakfast fruit for those with early morning writer’s blog, er, block. Besides, it’s always fun to start the work week with a good Google.
Let’s see…computer on, name in quotation marks (without them I get a long list of “Craig’s” who have Hodgkin’s disease, which always makes me feel a little guilty). Enter. Hmmm. Seems as if I have several of me to choose from:
- Executive Producer of Small Group Curriculum at Saddleback. That’s me. Well, it was me a couple of job titles ago.
- The President of Marine Growth Ventures, also former president and GM of the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Not me, but I may try to pass for him someday.
- A former Marine and Senior Instructor for the All Okinawa Shorin Ryu Kenshin Kan Karate & Kobudo Federation who holds a 6th Degree Black Belt and lives in Pittsburgh. Not me either, but I will be really, really careful now with what I blog about Pittsburgh.
- An event host for Disney in 1999, 2000, 2001, etc. They’re me too.
- A drummer for the Williamwood Pipe Band in Glasgow, Scotland. Not me, but maybe there’s a slot for marching ukelele.
- Someone who has run road races in Melbourne, Australia (finished 14th!); Yarmouth, Maine and Merritt Island, Florida. Either it’s the same guy with lots of time and travel miles, or I need to be in much better shape to have the name Craig Hodgkins.
- Some guy who caught a TD pass from QB Steve Feuerbach in the Napa High vs. Vintage High cross-town rival “big game.” That’s me, like…a thousand years ago. The collective memory of the internet is amazing.
Not too exciting today, but I’ll try again — with a much more interesting search topic — next Monday.